Friday, January 12, 2007

Just a moment in time..

I am still sitting at my desk in North Sydney, in a generic NSW Government, tapping away at my keyboard and looking out the window to get glimpses of Sydney Harbour. Ahhh, bureaucrats. Pigeon holes of existence.

I am doing my time to get outta here to escape to a world that is jewelled with fascination in my mind.

Time seems to be moving slowly and quickly simultaneuosly.

I can't fathom that I have been working here for almost 3 months. Time has flown in that respect. Day-to-day I wittle away at the minutes, which turn into hours, that have carved themselves out of the fabric of my mind. The mundane conundrum of having no work to do and yet having to look like I am working has, suprisingly, made moments slip into the past.

At the same time, it feels like the moment will never arrive when I step off the plane and breathe in the mysterious, and no doubt heavy, tropical monsoonal air of Sri Lanka. But its only 5 weeks away and the sociable vibe of January will hopefully allow me to connect the dots until I get on that plane. I can't wait.

I have found an interesting commentary on the political saituation in Sri Lanka -

http://srilankapolitics.blogspot.com/

I don't have any idea what I am going to encounter in my future. And I sort of like it that way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home