Thursday, October 11, 2007

Wow.. I'm back..

Yes it has been a reeeeally long time between posts. But seriously, not that much has been going on. I mean you don't want to know about the intricacies of slaving away at work writing and editing a 127 page book, or my traumatic stomach bug, or how many dvds i watched.. Right?


Well I'm gonna tell you anyway! He he he...


So now I am back on track with my life. I went through the hectically busy time at work, published and launched a guidebook for recipients of microfiance loans called "Legal Aspects of Small Business and Economic Livelihoods Development". Its to provide information on how to successfully run and operate a small business in Sri Lanka. Ya. Told you it was boring. but I'm still proud. The feedback has been great - everyone has been saying that it is just so useful/never been done and timely/a great resource/etc, which is really nice. And rewarding. I feel like such an adult..


You can find the guidebook online at http://www.idlo.int/DLRC/documents/SriLanka%20SMALL%20BUSINESS%20AND%20ECONOMIC%20LIVELIHOODS%20DEVELOPMENT.pdf


Ya. So then I went on holidays to Thailand for 2 weeks. I left literally right after the book launch (official launch, shower and changed, dinner with colleagues, jumped in cab to go to the airport, hello Thailand). It was exactly what I needed...


Koh Phan Nyan, quiet, lazy beaches, snorkelling, occaisonal downpour, yummy food (except for the prawn that came with a side of salmonella..), reading books, etc etc.

Thailand was nothing that I expected, its much more developed than I imagined. A lot of tourists and the locals really cater to them. It was weird for me at first, being a tourist (in Sri Lanka I'm a foreigner, but not a tourist, and you don't see that many white-ies around). It took a while to adjust to just seeing that many caucasian people and blending in! It was also a holiday from being stared at, which was nice.

And it was great to catch up with my friend Kimmy (she flew over from Sydney and we met in Phuket), and have girlfriend time, which I have missed.

So it was Jason's birthday last Saturday, and we had some friends over to celebrate. We were planning to go down to the coast, but it poured with rain all weekend, but it was fun staying at home anyway. We hadn't seen eachother for pretty much a month, with Jase going to Australia for 2 weeks, then I left for Thailand 2 days after he got home.

We had silly fun, not like a standard 32nd birthday party at all! His birthday celebration was actually like a "Festival of The Porch", it seemed that for 3 nights in a row we were on the balcony, having celebratory birthday drinks, differing crowd, good tunes.. it was great.


We put on hats..

(No, it wasn't a hat party, it was just us.. on the balcony.. there was an urge.. and it was HAT-time..)

We sang bad Chicago songs..



We orchestrated photos and posed..


























Ya, it was fun. Good times..

Ok, I think I said at the beginning of this post that I wouldn't tell you all about all the stuff i just told you about.. so I'll spare you and won't go on about how many DVDs I watched..
Peace xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home