Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Happy Birthday to me..

So yesterday was the anniversay of my 30th revolution of the sun...


I am now the big 3 - 0.... and I love it!

I had to work, but fortuitously, we had a 2 hour team meeting so I brought in a sponge cake (it was a light pink colour on the outside with little icing flowers and pink and green on the inside – eeeeek!), which we ate after our team meeting. The whole team (6 people) chipped in and got me a voucher for 3000 rupees (about $40) for a department store, which was so sweet. And believe me, for $40 you can buy so much stuff!! Skirts are about 200 rupees.. Then I went home and two boxes, one from Esther and one from my Mumma were waiting for me on the doorstep. So I had presents after all.. I got many little things that I desperately need, such as face moisturiser, mascara, etc. Thanks Ez and Mumma!!

Jason then took me to The Cinnamon Grand, a huge ritzy gorgeous hotel, for dinner.




This was the inside of the Hotel - the foyer - it was incredible. Check out the PODs!

It was so lush. First we sat by a beautiful huge roman-style square pool in a cabana drinking cocktails. The hotel is just gorgeous, the restaurant area is huge and all outside with Palm trees and blazing candles, and it’s a collection of gazebos connected with covered walkways over fish ponds with giant Koi. Its hard to explain but it was just gorgeous.





This is the walkway over fish ponds, towards the restaurant..


So we had a romantic table for two, looking out over the lawns and pool with candle light. We had more cocktails, and Jason gave me a little present, which was a gorgeous woven cotton stripy beach bag, in sort of mango oranges and aqua. Its cool. And he gave me a long stem red rose – which is unbelievable because you just cannot buy flowers of any kind over here.

For entrée we had fish cakes and chicken satay skewers. I had the whole Red Snapper - which actually freaked me out coz the head was sitting up looking at me and Jason had to remove the head and take it off my plate! Jason had a collection of things, red curry chicken, lamb cutlet and tiger prawns. It was lush!

So we finished, and were just sitting there talking after our meal, and the waiter brings over a huge cake with a candle on it!!








It was so sweet of Jase. The cake was a luscious chocolate layer cake, sort of chocolate mousse, then layer of choc almond meringue then layer choc mousse etc. And it was so yummy we ate a quarter of it!


So all in all, I had a great birthday. It was really nice. Jason and I are going to the coast this weekend, and lashing out and spending $40 a night on a room in a hotel on the beach. So my birthday celebrations will continue. The festival!!

Piccies of the birthday coast weekend to follow..

Peace xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home